Only 4 ingredients and a bit of elbow grease stand between you and this sophisticated twist on a childhood favorite! Salted Caramel & Hazelnut Rice Krispie Treats will be your new go to recipe for after school snacking and weekend tailgate parties!
It’s back to school season, which means new supplies, new clothes & NEW RECIPES! It’s definitely a toss up, but can anyone guess which one is my favorite? 😉
I love to surprise the kiddos with something yummy after a long day of pumping neurons. Sure, I could pick up a package of cookies from the store, but there is something about homemade treats that makes my girls grin from ear to ear. Store bought cookies beware, you ain’t got nothin’ on mama’s homemade Salted Caramel & Hazelnut Rice Krispie Treats!!! 🙂
Did I mention that peeps go crazy for these treats at tailgate parties, too? Even ‘big’ kiddos love homemade treats! 😀 Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 10.5 oz. pkg mini marshmallows
- 13 oz. jar JIF Salted Caramel Hazelnut Spread
- 6 cups puffed rice cereal OR chocolate puffed rice cereal
- Melt the butter and marshmallows in large pot on the stove over low heat.
- Stir in the JIF Salted Caramel Hazelnut Spread with a spatula.
- Dump the cereal into a large bowl.
- Add the marshmallow mixture and mix until combined.
- Transfer mixture to a buttered 9 X 13 baking dish, pressing down lightly with buttered fingers or a butter coated piece of wax paper to distribute evenly.
- Allow to set for one hour.
- Cut into squares.