Young or old, everyone enjoys a pie, especially when it’s filled with cookie dough! Make this cookie pie even easier by using a pre-made pie crust. Mix it up however you like with different flavors of M&Ms and chocolate chips!
Last week I found myself in an all too familiar pinch. Too much to do…..not enough time!!! Back to school errands, taking pets to the vet, dropping the car off at the mechanic, picking up my mom after she locked her keys in the car, baking cookies for customers, fishing dolls out of the bathtub after an impromptu doll spa day, blah, blah, blah.
So it’s no surprise that baking a dessert for our family reunion crept up on me. So there I was at 10pm on a Friday night scratching my head trying to decide what I could make in a jiffy. Cookies…..pie…..aha moment……COOKIE PIE! 🙂
Like most top notch moms I know, I keep a candy stash for emergencies (aka so I don’t pull my hair out before noon or hide in the laundry room while the kids tear the house to pieces), and it just so happened that I had half a bag of Peanut Butter M&Ms AND half a bag of dark chocolate chips on standby. So……like most top notch moms I know, I made a sacrifice for my family by donating every last M&M and chocolate chip to the reunion cookie pie. Well, close enough anyway. 😉
I hope your family enjoys this pie as much as mine did!!! Enjoy!
- 1 pie crust, store bought or homemade
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter M&Ms (or flavor of your choice)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (or flavor of your choice)
- Prepare pie crust according to package/recipe directions.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Press rolled out pie crust into the bottom and up the sides of a pie plate (I used a disposable pie pan since this was for an outdoor event) and crimp the edges. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a hand mixer with double beaters, cream together the butter and brown sugar for one minute.
- Add the egg and vanilla and cream for another minute.
- Scrape down the bowl with a spatula and mix for a few more seconds.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on medium speed until just combined.
- Fold in the M&Ms and chocolate chips, reserving a few to press into the top of the pie.
- Spray your fingers with cooking spray or coat in a bit of butter and press the cookie dough evenly on top of the pie dough.
- Decorate the top the with remaining candy and chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the top is golden.
- Allow to cool before slicing.