Looking for a new summer side dish? Look no further than my Pear & Blue Cheese Coleslaw! Dripping with tangy, homemade buttermilk dressing this twist on a classic coleslaw recipe boasts crisp cabbage, sweet pear slices and earthy blue cheese crumbles.
I have yet to find a store bought coleslaw I enjoy more than this homemade version. It’s not the overly sweet, gloppy version you’ll find in many prepared food sections, trust me.
There is just enough dressing to coat the cabbage, just enough sweetness to bring out the flavor of the pears, and just enough tang from the buttermilk and blue cheese to complement any grilled meat on your menu.
Oh, did I mention it can be made in about 4.55555567 minutes?!?! Grab your favorite mixing bowl + a big wooden spoon and you’ll be serving up this delicious coleslaw in a jiffy. Enjoy!
- 16 oz. bag coleslaw mix (or equivalent amount of shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 TBSP dijon mustard
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 small red anjou pears, sliced very thinly
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, vinegar, mustard, sugar and salt.
- Fold in the coleslaw mix, thinly sliced pears and blue cheese crumbles.
- Refrigerate or serve immediately.