Mint + Chocolate + Marshmallow = 3.1415 Hand Pies (give or take) 😉
When your husband is a scientist and you’re a baker,
there’s really no excuse NOT to celebrate Pi Day!
It does seem a bit ironic that my math whiz husband, you know, the one who doesn’t crave sweets much, just happens to be a BIG fan of PIE! His favorites? Definitely peanut butter pie and chocolate pie!
However, since St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner, it was ‘easy as pie’ to choose a flaky pastry with a bit of green to satisfy some Leprechaun munchies!!! Enjoy!
- 1 batch homemade pie dough or 15 oz. package store bought pie dough
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 8.5 oz. package DOVE Mint & Dark Chocolate Promises
- 1 egg (to make egg wash)
- 4 graham crackers, finely crushed
- 1 pint mint chocolate chip ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Unwrap six DOVE Mint & Dark Chocolate Promises and chop coarsely with a sharp knife.
- Cut twelve (12) 3-inch circles of pie dough using a cookie cutter OR the rim of a drinking glass.
- Place six (6) of the circles on a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Place a few mini marshmallows in the center of each circle.
- Sprinkle the chopped DOVE Mint & Dark Chocolate Promises evenly over the marshmallows, being careful to avoid the edges.
- Whisk an egg with a teaspoon of water, milk or cream to create an egg wash.
- Using a pastry brush or a small paintbrush reserved for baking, brush the edges of each circle with egg wash.
- Place another dough circle on top, pressing the edges to seal it.
- Use a fork to crimp the edges.
- Brush the top of each hand pie with egg wash and sprinkle generously with the graham cracker crumbs.
- Bake for 9 - 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream (optional).