Did you know Dr. Seuss’ birthday is March 2nd? Celebrate with this quick and healthy treat!
We love to learn about our favorite authors, so why not honor one of our favorites, Dr. Seuss, with a special snack?!?! It couldn’t be easier to make, but you do need to put the coconut milk in the fridge the night before so it can solidify.
We made our kabobs right before we served them, but you could certainly whip the cream and slice the fruit ahead of time, just make sure to squeeze some lemon juice on the bananas so they won’t turn brown. This is a perfectly Paleo snack, but if you omit the honey, it’s also Whole 30 friendly!
Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!!!
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk (NOT lite)
- 1 tsp honey (omit for Whole 30)
- 2 bananas, sliced into 1/2 inch coins
- 8 oz. pkg. strawberries, sliced into 1/2 inch coins
- 8 - lollipop sticks (I use the Wilton brand)
- lemon juice (optional)
- blue sprinkles (optional)
- Put the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the solidified coconut cream with the honey until light and fluffy.
- Slice the fruit and assemble the kabobs (squeeze lemon juice on the bananas before skewering if you are not eating them immediately).
- Sprinkle the whipped coconut cream with blue sprinkles.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until ready to enjoy.