Need a brunch recipe to share with friends and family this holiday season? Make a quiche! Prep the ingredients ahead of time and spend more time enjoying your guests!
I’m one of those crazy people that starts shopping for NEXT Christmas right after….Christmas. I decorate my Christmas tree before Thanksgiving. I’ve been known to enjoy a Christmas movie in
November July AND I start belting out Christmas tunes with Michael Bublé and Josh Groban in October. What can I say?!?! I love Christmas! Even though I spend the whole year preparing for this most joyous holiday, somehow I still fall flat in December, scrambling to get presents wrapped and staying up WAY too late baking holiday treats.
It’s really easy to get overwhelmed by all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. What better way to relieve the stress than enjoying a super simple brunch with your nearest and dearest? All the ingredients for this quiche can be prepped the day before and stored in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake it. Now that’s holiday entertaining at its best! Enjoy! 🙂
- Your favorite pie crust, homemade or store bought
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 link chorizo sausage, thinly sliced and sauteed until browned and crispy (could be done the day before and refrigerated)
- 1 cup kale, roughly chopped and sauteed in olive oil until soft (could be done the day before and refrigerated)
- 1 cup Manchego cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a pie plate with the premade crust and crimp the edges.
- Line the bottom of the pie plate with the chorizo sausage.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, half and half, salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the chorizo sausage.
- Top with the sauteed kale and Manchego cheese.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.