So yeah…..it’s been awhile! The craziness of life and the pressure to do more, be more, etc. has been really getting this mama down these days. 🙁
November was not a good month for me. Sadly I realized my blog was a major contributor to my unhappiness. How is that possible?!?! What started off as such a wonderful blessing for this baking obsessed SAHM slowly transformed into something that felt more like an obligation than a creative outlet.
Pearls + Girls had a great first year, but new years are for new beginnings! In this case that means falling back into old habits (the good kind, of course!). I hope you’ll hang with me and continue to follow my blogging journey, even if I don’t exactly know what direction it’s moving in! There are some big changes on the horizon for my family, and even though I love my little slice of the blogosphere SO MUCH, something’s gotta give. Such is life. Oh, and here’s a yummy chocolate recipe to share with your friends and family during the holidays! Enjoy! 🙂
- 1 cup butter, plus more to grease the pan
- 2 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate melting wafers (I use the Ghirardelli brand)
- Edible pearls (optional)
- Grease a 9 X 13 pan with butter.
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, melt the butter.
- Stir in the brown sugar until it is dissolved.
- Stir in the corn syrup until it is dissolved.
- Stir in the sweetened condensed milk.
- Continue stirring until the mixture is 240 degrees.
- Add the vanilla. The mixture will bubble up a bit. Stir until the bubbling subsides.
- Pour into the greased pan and let sit overnight.
- Cut the caramels with a knife and place on a waxed paper lined baking sheet.
- Melt chocolate wafers in a microwave safe bowl.
- Dip each caramel into the chocolate with a fork and place back on the waxed paper lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with edible pearls. (optional)