Need a yummy snack for game night? Skip the convenience food aisle and make this simple white cheddar cheese sauce instead! It’s great on nachos or fries and would even make a great dipping sauce for raw veggies!
We’re gearing up for football this Saturday night! Of course, no game would be complete without a beer and some yummy eats. Tonight we’re munching on some nachos drizzled with the EASIEST from scratch white cheddar cheese sauce. The sauce is definitely the star of this dish, and even my ‘no meal is complete without meat‘ touting husband gave it a big thumbs up!
Do you love the neon orange cheese sauce typically served with nachos? No hard feelings, but I challenge you to skip the convenience food aisle at the grocery store or the drive thru window and make this sauce instead!!! It takes only minutes to chop the onions, shred the cheese and whip together this sauce on the stove top. Enjoy! 🙂
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter
- 2 TBSP red onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 TBSP flour
- 1 cup milk (I used 2% milk)
- 2 cups sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 14 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 oz. bag blue corn chips
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 jalapenos, sliced
- hot sauce, to taste
- In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat melt the butter.
- Add the onions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds (you don't want the garlic to burn).
- Add the flour and whisk for one minute.
- Whisk in the milk and cheese.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook for an additional 4 - 5 minutes.
- Serve with the suggested toppings or get creative!