Yep, I’m still bakin’ up a storm with the 20 lbs of apples we picked a couple weeks ago! Apples and peanut butter are a favorite snack around my house, so it seemed like a good idea to add them to a traditional oatmeal cookie recipe. Mmmmm, was I right or what?!?! 🙂
A few of these Apple Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies would be perfect for breakfast on the run or a simple snack or lunchbox treat. The nuttiness of the peanut butter pairs beautifully with the texture of the oatmeal. The shredded apples add some moisture resulting in a soft, chewy cookie with a hint of sweetness from the brown sugar. Enjoy! 🙂
I used creamy peanut butter for this recipe, but you could easily swap it out for crunchy peanut butter.
- 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded apples (about 2 large apples)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour (I use the King Arthur brand)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the peanut butter and brown sugar together on medium speed for one minute.
- Add the eggs,shredded apples and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Add the baking soda, cinnamon, oats and flour, mix until just combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or a tablespoon, form balls of dough, place on a parchment paper or Silpat lined baking sheet and press down with the palm of your hand to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.