Hard to believe it’s time for back to school already! I have to admit, I won’t miss the summer weather AT ALL. Bring on the cozy sweaters, brisk walks through the falling leaves and hot cocoa around the fire already, will ya? 🙂
Fall is my favorite season, but this year it’s also my busiest! I am working on getting cookie samples baked for Halloween and Thanksgiving in my Etsy shop, as well as making a few orders for showers and weddings. Add in some dance lessons, art classes, school projects, etc. and a made from scratch dinner on a weeknight can become an afterthought. So what’s a mama to do when the family is hungry but there’s no time to cook? Whip out a skillet and serve up a one pot meal, that’s what! 🙂
My Guinness Beef Skillet is made with simple ingredients, so you can pull a hearty home cooked meal together in minutes! The leftovers just get better and better, so even if you aren’t feeding a crowd, stash a bowl or two in the fridge to warm up later in the week. Serve it up with a side of crusty French bread to sop up every last drop of the delicious Guinness sauce. Enjoy! 🙂
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 red onion, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 12 oz. bottle of Guinness beer
- 14 oz. can low sodium beef broth
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown ground beef and onions until the beef is cooked through and the onions are translucent.
- Drain off any excess fat and season beef mixture with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the potatoes, carrots and beer.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover the skillet and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl whisk the cornstarch into the beef broth to create a slurry.
- Add the slurry to the skillet, then simmer uncovered for another 5 - 10 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through and can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Stir in the frozen peas.