Even after years of teaching elementary school to many first and second grade littles , my excitement for the first day of school has never dwindled.
However, this year I’m celebrating with mixed emotions. This year MY LITTLE is going to kindergarten (insert gulp, fight back tears, put on encouraging smile)!!! How is this possible?!?! Yesterday she was sucking on a binky and learning how to eat with a spoon (yep, in denial, you’ve been there, admit it).
my her first day jitters to rest, we went shopping! After we picked out a hot pink binder, some fun Hello Kitty folders, as well as shiny, new pencils, crayons and markers, I felt much better she was all set for her first day of school! 😉
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 TBSP milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mini M&M candies
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, melted
- multicolored nonpareils (optional)
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together until light and fluffy, about two minutes.
- Add the milk and vanilla, mix on low speed to combine.
- Add the flour and salt, mix on low speed to combine.
- Scrape down the bowl and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Fold in the mini M&M candies.
- Refrigerate dough for one hour.
- Using a tablespoon or a medium cookie scoop, form balls of dough.
- Place cookie dough balls on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the cookie dough balls and sprinkle with nonpareils.
- Store in the refrigerator.