Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays! I love the tradition of taking my family to watch the fireworks, singing ‘God Bless the USA’ and waving our American flags back and forth with pride. What could be better than celebrating our nation’s birthday with a simple but elegant RED, WHITE and BLUE dessert?
This White Chocolate Soup with Berry Skewers is so easy to make and the presentation is so beautiful. I love the simplicity of these ingredients: milk, cream, vanilla, white chocolate and a trio of fresh berries. The most time consuming part of this recipe? Waiting for the soup to chill! Enjoy! 🙂
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup white chocolate chips ( I use the Ghirardelli brand)
- 8 of each - blackberries, raspberries and blueberries, skewered on toothpicks
- Whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Over medium high heat, slowly add the milk and cream, whisking continuously.
- Continue to whisk until the mixture starts to thicken and bubble, about 3 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat. Add the vanilla and white chocolate chips.
- Stir mixture until smooth.
- Transfer soup to a large bowl.
- Cover the surface with plastic wrap so the soup does not form a skin.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Serve chilled in wine glasses or small bowls with the skewered berries.