Happy Father’s Day! I hope you are making something fabulous for the man in your life! We began the celebration with a satisfying and hearty breakfast, complete with Dad’s favorites: bacon and cheese. 😀 Mr. Pearls + Girls is a big fan of bacon, like most men I know! A meal is not complete without meat is his foodie mantra.
Is there anything more wonderful than watching your husband play with your children? It warms my heart to see them kicking around a soccer ball, playing hide and seek, having a tea party, and of course, taking endless horsie rides! The girls will chant, “Again, again!” and he will always oblige, even after horsie ride number #20 (ish). P.S. He also knows the Disney Princess songs by heart and can name all of the My Little Ponies. He is their hero.
My husband likes no fuss recipes for breakfast, and these easy drop biscuits comes together so quickly! Today’s version is packed with crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese and scallions. They are perfect alongside scrambled eggs for breakfast, but would also be fantastic with a bowl of chili for dinner. Enjoy! 😀
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk (I used 2%, but you could use whole milk or a mix of milk and cream)
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 scallions, white and green parts chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a food processor, combine the flour butter, baking powder and salt.
- Pulse until pea sized clumps form.
- Add the milk and pulse until dough is moist.
- Add the bacon, cheese and scallions.
- Pulse for a few seconds.
- Drop 6 large mounds of dough (about 1/2 cup each) onto a parchment paper or Silpat lined baking sheet.
- Bake 18 - 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Recipe adapted from Real Simple: Easy, Delicious Home Cooking Cookbook