If you’ve been around my blog for a bit, you know that we kind of
adore, idolize, worship, glorify LOVE peanut butter at my house. We eat it every day. Well, almost every day. Honestly, at least one person in my family eats peanut butter on any given day. I think. Yeah. They do. 😀
Peanut Butter + Honey
Peanut Butter + Honey + Banana
Peanut Butter + Jelly
Peanut Butter + Jelly + Jalapeno
Peanut Butter + Celery
Peanut Butter + Apple
Peanut Butter + Chocolate
In other words, the peanut to my butter is…..peanut butter! 🙂
These Mini Peanut Butter Icebox Pies are a NO BAKE recipe. On a really hot day that last thing you (or I) want to do is heat up the kitchen! Crush some Oreos, whip some cream, fold in some peanut butter and pop those babies in the fridge for a couple hours. So easy, so delicious, and no one will know it only took you minutes to prep these little cutie pies. I used mason jar lids as pie tins, but you could make one big pie with these measurements as well. Enjoy! 🙂
- 20 Oreos, finely crushed
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- chocolate syrup (for garnish)
- chopped peanuts (for garnish)
- Combine crushed Oreos and melted butter in a bowl.
- Press a heaping tablespoon of the mixture into the bottom of each mason jar lid.
- Place on a baking sheet and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Melt the peanut butter in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment or a hand mixer with double beaters, whip the cream to stiff peaks, about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter, powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Whip until just combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula, then whip a few more seconds.
- Remove pie shells from the freezer, and fill each shell with the peanut butter filling.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Just before serving, drizzle with chocolate syrup and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.