I just about squealed with delight when I saw my peonies had bloomed on Sunday!!! I love peonies, they are such a romantic flower. I wanted to have peonies in my bridal bouquet, but the florist said I would be disappointed if their delicate petals didn’t hold up to the heat and duration of the day. Boo. But they were the perfect compliment to this gorgeous Pink Lemonade Pie! The colors and flavors will make you want to pucker up with someone under a picturesque summer sunset!
This pie is such a simple recipe, it’s perfect for summer entertaining. The graham cracker crust is filled with a cool, creamy, tart lemon mousse (0nly THREE ingredients)!!!! Making a homemade graham cracker crust is pretty simple, but if you’re short on time, buy a crust and you can have this cake ready for the freezer in less than 15 minutes!!!! Now if that’s not #easypeasy, then I don’t know what is! Enjoy! 🙂
This pie can be made a day in advance, just remove from the freezer 15 - 20 minutes before serving. You could substitute fat free cool whip and fat free sweetened condensed milk to lower the calories.
- One 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 drops pink food coloring
- One graham cracker crust, homemade or store
- 2 TBSP powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- One sliced lemon, for garnish
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment or a hand mixer with double beaters, beat the sweetened condensed milk for 30 seconds.
- Add one cup of the whipping cream and beat until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and beat until just combined.
- Pour into the graham cracker crust.
- Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment or a hand mixer with double beaters, beat the remaining 1/4 cup whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes.
- Using a pastry bag with a star tip, add dollops of whipped cream.
- Decorate with lemon slices.