Much to the chagrin of my husband, I am not a camper. Don’t get me wrong, I love campfires, hiking and star gazing, BUT I also love comfortable beds, flushing toilets and air conditioning! Even so, I have two little girls who are begging to go camping, so we are going to compromise!
On June 28th we plan to participate in the GREAT AMERICAN BACKYARD CAMPOUT! All the fun of camping, without all the hassle! 😀 Hey, quit laughing at me! If you are reading this, you KNOW who you are! I’m trying REALLY hard to be open minded and optimistic about this, ok? Check back on July 1st, and I’ll tell ya all about it, the good, the bad and the ugly (wink, wink)!!
Simple, yet delicious, I plan to serve this brownie cheesecake dip with some vanilla wafers and sliced fruit for our bedtime snack under the stars! My two little dippers won’t hesitate to dig in, and I won’t feel guilty for snagging a few bites myself! Made with lowfat Neufchatel cheese and Greek yogurt, this chocolate treat packs a protein punch. Enjoy! 🙂
You could substitute regular or low fat vanilla yogurt for the Greek yogurt in this recipe. If you substitute plain yogurt, I would recommend adding an additional tsp of vanilla.
- 4 oz. Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 2 TBSP butter, softened
- 3/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted for lumps
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Using a stand mixer with a whisk attachment or a hand mixer with double beaters, cream together the Neufchatel cheese and butter for one minute.
- Add the yogurt, brown sugar and vanilla. Beat for another minute.
- Add the powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Beat for about 30 seconds, or until just combined.
- Scrape down the bowl with a spatula, then beat for another 30 seconds, or until just combined.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips with a spatula, saving a TBSP to sprinkle on the top.
- Serve chilled with sliced fruit, pretzels or cookies.
National Wildlife Federation’s Board of Directors and other friends have offered to donate $2 in support of NWF’s wildlife conservation work for every Campout participant—for up to $400,000. So the more people who participate, the more of a difference we can help make for America’s wildlife!