Take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lime and a shot of tequila…
With Cinco de Mayo coming up, I can’t help but think that it’s a great excuse to kick back with a margarita. Not that I need an excuse! (wink, wink) My father-in-law has the BEST margarita recipe: four – 12 oz. bottles of beer, one cup tequila and one – 12 oz. container limeade concentrate. Stir and serve. DONE!
It doesn’t get much simpler than that, and neither does this cheesecake recipe! There is no crust, and the batter is made in the food processor, so it’s easy to make and easy to clean up! I’ve been making this ricotta cheesecake for a few years now. The original recipe is NOT gluten free, but by substituting 2 Tablespoons of cornstarch for 1/4 cup flour, my recipe IS gluten free! 🙂 It’s also made with part-skim ricotta, reduced fat sour cream and neufchantel cheese, so it is lower in calories and fat than traditional cheesecake. So grab a margarita and a slice of this Ricotta Lime Cheesecake, and you’ll be saying, “Ole!,” before I can say, “Otra ronda!” Disfrutar! Enjoy! 🙂
Ricotta Lime Cheesecake
This cheesecake is gluten free AND lowfat! Here's your excuse to indulge (as if you needed one, hehe)!
- 15 oz. container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 4 oz. Neufchatel cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 TBSP cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- juice and zest of one lime
- whipped cream (optional)
- lime slices (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat a 9-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place ricotta in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Add sour cream, Neufchatel, eggs, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, lime zest, lime juice and salt.
- Process until well blended.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake until the center is just set, about 60 - 70 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool for one hour.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake and remove the sides of the springform pan.
- Decorate with whipped cream and lime slices (optional).3.1http://pearlsplusgirls.com/2014/05/a-grain-of-salt/