We go through natural peanut butter in this house like crazy! Everyone in our family adores peanut butter, especially my husband. Peanut butter and jalapeno sandwiches, peanut butter on celery, peanut butter pie, and his all time favorite, peanut butter cookies. I could keep going, but a feel a rendition of Bubba’s shrimp rant from Forrest Gump comin’ on…. 😉
These Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies are a cinch to make, it’s really not even worth getting out the mixer for this one. Super simple, super yummy AND gluten free! This is the 5th recipe in my first blog series, 12 Days of Cookies. Enjoy! 🙂
These cookies are naturally GLUTEN FREE. To make them NUT FREE, substitute sun butter for the peanut butter.
- 1 cup peanut butter ( I use natural peanut butter)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With a mixing bowl and spatula, electric mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine peanut butter and brown sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add egg, vanilla, baking soda and a pinch of sea salt. Mix until fully combined.
- By heaping tablespoon drop dough onto a parchment paper or Silpat lined baking sheet.
- Use the back of a fork to form a crisscross pattern on each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are lightly brown.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
Source: Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch