Even though I’m a baker, I can appreciate a simple no-bake treat from time to time. These Oreo Truffles are a delicious homage to milk’s favorite cookie, but in a whole new way! Dipped in dark chocolate and sprinkled with sea salt, they are sure to satisfy the chocoholic in your life. This truffle recipe is adapted from Snack Works. It is the 4th of 12 recipes in my first series, 12 Days of Cookies. Enjoy! 🙂
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 pkg. Oreo cookies
- 12 oz. pkg. 60% dark chocolate chips (I prefer the Ghirardelli brand)
- Sea Salt (I used Trader Joe's because that's what I had on hand, but some large grain sea salt would work well)
- Finely crush Oreos in the food processor.
- Add the softened cream cheese and pulse food processor until it comes together.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. I use a medium cookie scoop to help make them uniform in size.
- Place on a parchment paper or wax paper lined baking tray and refrigerate for one hour.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave for one minute, stir, then continue microwaving in 30-second intervals, stirring in between to make sure the chocolate doesn't burn.
- Dip in melted chocolate using a toothpick.
- Place back on cookie sheet and sprinkle with sea salt immediately.
- The dipping process takes awhile, so you may need to microwave the chocolate for a few second halfway through so it doesn't start clumping up.
- Refrigerate for one hour before serving. Due to the cream cheese, these truffles should be stored in the refrigerator.