I usually don’t join in the “like this post, and I’ll give you a number to reveal random facts about yourself” Facebook status, but after reading a few I found out, actually, it’s kinda fun! So if you are curious enough to read on, here’s 5 random facts about this random baker who decided to start a random blog in October 2013. Enjoy! 🙂
1. I love to cook and bake with my preschooler! We haven’t ventured into the slicing and dicing biz yet, but stirring and whisking are perfectly acceptable for the under 5 kiddos. I admit, I haven’t introduced my toddler to the kitchen much yet, mostly because she’s already quite a handful and throwing some flour and butter into the mix might make me lose my mind, but I’m sure she’ll be joining us in the near future….
2. I like to read cookbooks with pictures. In fact, I bought a cookbook in Napa while we were on our honeymoon, and I read it from cover to cover on the plane ride home. I do read books without pictures, just not cookbooks.
3. I love to bake, but I don’t want to bake my own birthday cake. So each year on my birthday, my husband picks up my favorite cake for me. It is divine, and even though it’s so simple, it’s one of my all-time favorite desserts.
4. My husband was never a big dessert fan before he met me. I was never a big snacker before I met him. Now we both snack and eat dessert, so you can only imagine what that has done for our waistlines. We also quit working out when we had kids……great idea, I know.
5. I really wanted to start a baking blog, but I was a bit intimidated when I went out and saw the competition. Then I heard Martha Stewart’s rant about food bloggers and I changed my mind (no, not really, I don’t give a hoot what Martha thinks). I’m still intimidated by the competition, but right now, I decided the best competition for me is…..myself! Comparing my recipes and photographs to other bloggers doesn’t make me a better blogger. Striving to share better recipes and photographs with each blog post does make me a better blogger. So that’s what this bloggin’ + bakin’ mama is going to do!!!!!!!!!!! 😀